Leadership Pasadena empowers individuals to become exceptional community leaders who will head non-profits and local governments in the Pasadena area. About 50 volunteers help plan and implement eight intensive two-day leadership training sessions per year, resulting in three community projects. Each session is hosted on-site at a key organization relevant to the session focus.
Past projects include:
- installing solar energy at the Harambee Center,
- reviewing and updating Altadena Elementary’s disaster preparedness plan and providing updated supplies,
- building an online “211” system that matches Pasadena residents with non-profit organizations that will serve their needs,
- launching the ArtWorks! program at LearningWorks Charter School and
- Developing an internship program for high school students to work alongside employees at the Fire, Police and Public Works Departments.
Over 30 projects have been completed since 2000.
Leadership Pasadena provides 30+ hours of executive level leadership training and 65+ hours of community experiential learning from Pasadena’s top leaders in government, education, business and charity. The program is open to anyone who lives, works, volunteers or plays in the Pasadena area and cares about community improvement.
Leadership Pasadena is for community members who want to take an active role in Pasadena’s future. The Leadership Pasadena Experience produces empowered, inspired and connected leaders who strengthen our diverse communities.
How You Can Pitch In
Let us know about your favorite local business. We will donate $10 to Leadership Pasadena for each recommendation.
We would love to hear from anyone interested in participating in the 8-month leadership course but we also need volunteers to serve on Board level committees (you do not need to be a Board member to serve on a committee) addressing communications, social media, program development, non-profit outreach, IT and resource development.